Friday, 1 January 2021

 Hello Everyone!

We're finally here. It's 2021! We just gone through one of the toughest year ever. To be very honest, for me 2020 isn't that bad after all. 2019 was a lot more harder for me. I'm just going to let everything out today..

2019 was so freakin hard for me. I cried so much in 2019. During the new year eve of 2020, I don't feel anything. It's just another year to me, no hope, no goal(s), no plan(s) or whatsoever. I'm in despair. There's so many things on my mind. I let my thoughts and feelings consumed me. I felt so down, so so down you have no idea. I'm not happy, I lose hope and interest in lots of things. Entering February with corona virus, how do you think I felt? Someone who don't even want to get out of bed now have to face another world problem, I actually felt numb about that. I was like "ahh another problem?".

March and I started working from home. Felt like hell. Up until now, January 2021.. but

Yesterday during the new year eve, I look back at 2020 and I feel like it wasn't that bad after all. Staying home for such long time eventually let me heal. So here, I just want to list some self reflections I've done.


Mental Health

First and foremost, I'm learning about mental health. I learned how to take care, deal and prioritize my mental health. I finally told my parents (through whatsapp) how I actually feel, my mom was very worried. I felt sorry to her. My dad told me that one of her close friend is a founder of mental health association and suggested to me to set an appointment with her. I was going to do so, but she's actually so busy and I ended up didn't get to meet her. I don't have this expectation that I'll actually will meet her because I feel like maybe I'll just take care about it myself first. No, I'm not self diagnosed myself, I just wanted to take of this matter on my own first and when I'm ready, I'll try to seek a professional help. Maybe. 

Also I found (not really) a dairy but I wrote some thoughts and quotes there, one that really caught me was a phrase of "I'm a daughter hiding my depression". I wrote that back when I was seventeen, where I have no idea what depression really is. I remember that I was sad for some times during that age but the fact that I wrote the word depression without knowing the real meaning of it, without knowing that it's an actual illness. Again, I'm not self diagnosed myself but really why do I wrote such things? Now, when I found out about the real deal of depression and mental illness, I.. I don't know. I feel like yes I was sad and felt so lonely back then, but I don't think if it's that worse to the point I'm having depression. I felt sorry to myself that I let myself being depressed for such long time and just find out about it recently on the internet because people just started to talk about it a lot publicly. Still, at least it's an awareness now. I'm thankful.


Physical Health

During late 2019, I've visited a GP because both my left hand and leg are in pain and the GP asked if I ever fall before. I said no because I couldn't remember. He prescribed me with some nerve medicine. I'm confused and worried. He said if give it some times and if the pain come back, do visit the clinic and he will further this matter to hospital. Later some times in 2020, the pain comes back and it was during the movement control order (mco) where Malaysian wasn't allowed to go out unless it's very necessary. Again, I am clueless. I don't know what to do. Honestly this pandemic made me paranoid and anxious. I'm scared to go out. I didn't visit until it's December. The GP asked me why it took so long for me to come and I just said I was busy when literally I'm not that busy. Well actually I was busy, busy with my own thoughts. The GP prescribed me with the same medications and told me it wasn't that serious because I still can lift my hand, it's just I felt a little bit uncomfortable doing so. He said it may takes months or even year to heal and I must take good care of both my left hand and leg. I was so into hiking and running but the GP advised me not to involved in such activities anymore. I'm sad of course but things happened and I need to move on.

Struggle and Self Care

I've trouble to eat on time. I've trouble to sleep at night. Both my eating and sleeping schedules extremely ruined and I do nothing to fix them. I figured that I should stop ignoring myself at the second half of the year. I should try to take care and listen to my body. Slowly, I started doing my skincare and haircare routine again. I do some research on how to gain body's weight and I'm sharing them here if anyone struggling with weight loss :

  1. Eat on time and do not skip your meal. Eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper meals.
  2. Eat more fibers. For example, having oat or whole grain bread during breakfast. I don't eat white bread anymore because it's contain more carbs than fiber. Besides, whole grain bread is healthier. 
  3. Eat 1/3 portion of proteins, 1/3 carbs and 1/2 fiber for lunch and dinner. Since I'm the type that easily losing weight and hardly getting them back, I've increased my carbs intake too. So for this one, it's depends on your body. Keep it mind that one of the most important thing in your diet is vegetables or fibers in general.
I know it's not easy to try to take care of yourself but please, let's try. It will make you feel better. Trust me. As for the sleep's struggle, try to look up sleep meditation on YouTube. It helped me to fall asleep faster x) 


Social Medias

I've lost interest to follow up of what's happening around anymore. I stop caring. I don't login into twitter as often as I did and I actually feel good about that. In my opinion, twitter has becomes too toxic everyone throwing shades and hates everywhere. I'm tired and I don't want to be burden of reading something that isn't going to benefit me at all. YouTube has always being my favorite apps but recently there's nothing really much there and I am not sure why, so I switched to Apple podcast and it was one of the best decision I've made. I am recently into Not Your Average British Asian Girl and The Sister Diary. I really love listening to their stories, it's fun.

Finally, I signed up on TikTok and I find this app isn't that bad like how some people have portrayed it. I like the fact that I can learn lots of tips from there. Skincare tips, makeup tips, selfcare tips, language, history, religion etc. It felt like a second school to me. I've this stereotype that all people do were dancing on TikTok but I was wrong. I'm glad that I made account there and I can see and relate to a lots of contents. It's fun but informative at the same time. So far, I'm not getting into the bad side of the app and I don't want to.


Games and Discord

One of the best thing happened to me on 2020 was that I got into games and discord! I mean I've always playing some games on my phone but discord make everything better. I'm now making friends with lot of people around the world and they're extremely nice. They're wholesome and welcoming. I remember when I was in my teen, I love to make friends with people from twitter and tumblr so much but ever since twitter becomes toxic and tumblr seems pretty dead, so yeah. I'm an introvert person and ever since I hit rock bottom in 2019, I don't really talk to people in real life. Not even my family. I'm really glad that people on discord be chilling and playing games together to the point I actually talk to them more than I talk to people in real world. I know it seems bad but I'm slowly trying to get myself together here. I'm trying to become normal again and I hope people in real life can support me just like my discord friends did. Most of my discord friends are miles away from me but I feel so connected to them. They are from the Europe, Middle East and North America region but they seems so close to me ;_;


Family and Friends

To all my family members and friends in real life, I thanked you all a bunch for not giving up on me ♡ I know you all are struggling too but thank you, thank you so much for being there and be patient with me. I can't say that I'm 100% healed but I'm healing. I'm on the journey and I'll get there. I'm sorry for being such burdens to all of you. Thank you for making me happy during my birthday too. I don't expect much during my birthday but you all had me surprise. I'm sorry for ghosting some of you while I'm not in a good state but I can't do anything about it at that moment. I'm honestly confused and I need time, after some times toward the end of this year, I've say to myself that "I'll live again" ^_^


Wishes for 2021
Happy new year and may everyone bless with good health, wealth and happiness the whole year and that's all matter! Keep going everyone! If you need anything, I'm here. My social media links available on the bottom right of my blog and my dm always open for you all to rant :)









"
Real name given as Hanis . You can call me hazel too. Some call me by the nickname , hans. blow the candle on the date seven eleventh . Graduated from computer science & information technology school of Universiti Putra Malaysia. A weird asian, a proud muslim, a very introverted girl and not so talkative as she only speak important thoughts she have in her mind. JK, I'm a certified yapper to those who can vibe lol A careless one and sometimes clumsy. Also slowmotion and blurr at one time. A good listener as always listen to people who won't listen to her. Patient one but sometimes immature. Not perfect as nobody is. An outgoing who loves travel , outdoor and challenging activities. Gaming, daydreaming, anime-ing etc on one of her to-do list. Have no determination in life and still searching for it. "




click here


**********************
God didn't promise
days without pain
laughter without sorrow
sun without rain
but He did promise
strength for the day,
comfort for the tears,
and light for the way.

**********************
pretending to be happy
when you're in pain
is just
an example of
how strong you are as a person
still making that simple smile
when every part of you dies
**********************
True friend is someone
who will support you
even if it hurts their own interest
They give without expecting
anything in return
**********************
When you feel like you’ve got nothing,
think of how happy you would be
if you lost everything
you have right now,
& then got it back again.
**********************
Don’t worry about failure.
Worry about the chances
you miss when you don’t even try.
**********************




aboutme weheartit tumblr



I. normal and healthy weight+body
II. make my parents happy
III. first class degree.. [2019's updates: I finally graduated.. with 2nd class upper :')]






December 2016 July 2019 October 2019 February 2020 March 2020 July 2020 December 2020 January 2021 August 2021 October 2021 August 2023 April 2024 February 2025



Designer : Chili.
x o x o